30.9.14

Sometimes the Insights are banal






Insights of Genius: Imagery and Creativity in Science and Art – Arthur I. Miller (2000)

            Arthur Miller is a novelist and a playwright.  In this book, he manages to explore the topic of creativity in science as it relates to the visual creativity in artworks.  Both scientists and artists use visual representations to help them gain insights into their respective explorations.
            Exploring how the sciences create their ideas, and how they interrelate to the visual media of the artist is now a new idea.  The cool thing is that Arthur Miller shows how the visual idea precedes the hard science.  Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but looking back at art history as it relates to scientific history, it can seem that somehow artists create new visual forms which predate the changes in scientific theory, like some sort of early-warning system.

When I drew this, I had an early-warning of an impending diarrhea.

            I wish this book was more interesting than it turned out to be.  I was left bored and restless as I read this book.  I love science and art equally and already had come to the conclusions reached in this book.  Oh well, they can’t all be winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any Thoughts?